cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv setup/broadband has not changed at all, but last 4 weeks now tv keeps stopping and restart

my now tv setup/broadband has not changed at all, but last 4 weeks now tv keeps stopping and restarting, at all times of day.

I have not moved or changed any device. I can watch IPLAYER on my laptop and there are no interruptions. But if i watch IPLAYER on my NOW TV box it keeps stopping every 10 minutes.

I have tried turning off nowtv box and router dozens of times, it makes no difference.

To state again, my setup has not changed at all but last 4 weeks, constant service interruptions.

iplayer on laptop fine but iplayer on nowtv is rubbish.

unless this is resolved i will simply cancel; i have been using now tv for 2 years without problems.

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Gergie

First, have you contacted Now TV's help text chat or the BBC to find out what's going on?

Second, I am customer, like yourself, and a couple of things seem to occur to me, here's my thoughts:-

1) I'm guessing that the BBC iPlayer app is trying to get more memory and CPU resources from the Now TV black box than it currently has, that to me would cause the stopping and starting problem you are experiencing.

Plus, I would also imagine that the BBC iPlayer app, on the black box, has been updated recently, you should contact the BBC to find out. 

2) I understand from another person, contacting this forum, that they are having the same sort of problem with the YouTube app, so if I am right then it seems that the Now TV box will soon not have enough memory and CPU power to keep up with apps as they are rapidly being updated.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i mentioned BBC iplayer as an example;

i get the same errors on Skysports news, ITV player, Now movies

maybe all these apps upgraded at the same time with the same bug,

if the NOW TV box cant keep up, then i'd better cancel and throw it away.

interesting that straightaway you mention i should contact BBC to find out, thats a bit defensive, or part of a script.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Gergie

Let's straighten something out, you said, "...you mention i should contact BBC to find out, thats a bit defensive, or part of a script".  I guessing you don't know this but the apps on the Now TV box are maintained and updated by their owners, not Now TV.  So when I said contact BBC that is because they run a help facility, for their app users, to get in touch with if and when users run into difficulty.

So, I am sure you can now imagine, the BBC have numerous apps on numerous devices and, like other app producers, are responsible for their own app's upkeep. 

So what I said is not part of a defensive script because "I do not have a dog in this race" , as I said before I am a customer, nothing else.

UK Bob