cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

multi coloured vertical lines on screen

I am getting multi coloured stripes on now tv black box while watching football live it happens some times when watching entertainment programme to though not as often.Its not my t.v as watching free view through sky box is seamless no multi coloured vertical lines i have pulled the power plug and hdmi but comes back after a period of time.

20180423_222253.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Tony D

Any heads up as to what the problem is ?

Basically, our streams are broadcast as 'bits' rather than a whole 'package'. Certain 'bits' weren't getting through to their destination and casuing this weird vertical lined images and random colours glitch. Found the problem and now our engineers are working their way through the fix 🙂 Hope this is a good enough explanation lol.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are experiencing exactly the same problem!!! Multicoloured bar codes appearing on the screen throughout the second half. We pay a lot of money and expect a service which isn’t constantly interrupted. West Sussex area.. this needs sorting out!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting this trying to watch certain episodes in a box set. I've tried resetting the box and everything... rainbow vertical lines and an irritating noise. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still happening,watching Southampton v Brighton at the moment and its very bad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

This is still a problem 3 years on, as it ever been fixed, as it doesn't do it on the BT SPORT app, but still constant on the sky sports channels. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep - getting the same whilst watching football recently too! Is this a NOWTV issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I think I have found my solution to this problem, I personally think it is the black box itself, because I have downloaded now tv on to my amazon fire stick, and watched some football this week and it played perfectly well no glitches or horrible vertical lines. So I'm going to be using that from now on 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip. Been getting the same issue with my box watch football. Picture definitely looks sharper through Amazon Fire Stick. Hopefully this will solve. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watched 3 games on the amazon fire stick and not had a single issue yet, and the picture quality is excellent compared to the black box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting this on my black box for a few weeks now, I've changed the box for a spare and its still happening, tried wired and wireless connection and it makes no difference, noticed it starts on mine when the adverts at half time are on or later in the game when a reply is shown or a camera change, once it starts it tends to get worse until I go back to home screen and select channel again, doesn't happen on my Now TV sticks but I use the box as it accepts a wired connection far away from router.