cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

multi coloured vertical lines on screen

I am getting multi coloured stripes on now tv black box while watching football live it happens some times when watching entertainment programme to though not as often.Its not my t.v as watching free view through sky box is seamless no multi coloured vertical lines i have pulled the power plug and hdmi but comes back after a period of time.

20180423_222253.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Tony D

Any heads up as to what the problem is ?

Basically, our streams are broadcast as 'bits' rather than a whole 'package'. Certain 'bits' weren't getting through to their destination and casuing this weird vertical lined images and random colours glitch. Found the problem and now our engineers are working their way through the fix 🙂 Hope this is a good enough explanation lol.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I'm getting the exact same problem whilst watching Football, 6 or 7 times during the West Brom v Liverpool game last weekend.

Just hoping someone from the organisation reads your post, as it's more likely to be a problem at their end than ours I would say

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say so too as watching a DVD or free view on sky box my t.v performs ok.Its a fairly new t.v and above average when i bought it a sony lol 753 but my picture problem is only when watching now tv box worse on sports than say a movie or entertainment programme.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I would say so too as watching a DVD or free view on sky box my t.v performs ok.Its a fairly new t.v and above average when i bought it a sony lol 753 but my picture problem is only when watching now tv box worse on sports than say a movie or entertainment programme.

Hi @Anonymous User and everyone else having this problem. We are aware of where the issue lies and are currently working on a hotfix to be pushed either later this month or early next month, Thank you all for your pateince.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tony D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem, and it's not just with football. Any of the live streams seem to have the same issue. I wonder if it is a DRM issue? The West Borm v Liverpool game was very bad though. I could never quite time a photo from my phone, so well done....

That said, this needs resolving.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

took me an age to capture it too phone kept turning off just when the t.v flickered.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks Tony D

Basically, our streams are broadcast as 'bits' rather than a whole 'package'. Certain 'bits' weren't getting through to their destination and casuing this weird vertical lined images and random colours glitch. Found the problem and now our engineers are working their way through the fix 🙂 Hope this is a good enough explanation lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Utter rubbish for a reply. I will explain why. Chelsea vs Liverpool, Sunday 6th May 2018, the 2nd Half was practically unwatchable due to the picture breaking up into multi-coloured lines. This is no longer acceptable. I pay good money for my weekly sports passes... I would expect to be able to at least watch the channel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D Any progress with this? It's been an issue since December and still receiving it today while watching Newcastle vs Spurs on Sky Sports Main Event. 

I even just checked for updates on the box and it has none. It's using the most current update.