cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

missing thumbnails

Every couple of days I seem to lose all the thumbnail images from all the menus, I can fix the problem by forcing a reset (home5 ff 3 rw2) but it's a pain to keep having to do that when I start watching.

I've also got the problem of catchup being badly out of order with shows/episodes that are two or more weeks old at the top of the list and the latest episodes way down the screen. That collection is useless if it's not in the right order as it leaves you thinking there's no new episodes  to watch when actually there might be new things.

The box also seems to lag when I'm scrolling between the collections, and sonetimes if I'm going to the bottom of the list the screen on the right freezes up on one of the earlier collections and you have ti go back to the home screen and start over to get to the right place.

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Every couple of days I seem to lose all the thumbnail images from all the menus, I can fix the problem by forcing a reset (home5 ff 3 rw2) but it's a pain to keep having to do that when I start watching.

I've also got the problem of catchup being badly out of order with shows/episodes that are two or more weeks old at the top of the list and the latest episodes way down the screen. That collection is useless if it's not in the right order as it leaves you thinking there's no new episodes  to watch when actually there might be new things.

The box also seems to lag when I'm scrolling between the collections, and sonetimes if I'm going to the bottom of the list the screen on the right freezes up on one of the earlier collections and you have ti go back to the home screen and start over to get to the right place.

Hi @Anonymous User Your box seems like it may be having hardware issues. This problem typically occurs when the memory/cache isn't working properly. Have you checked for software updates via the Settings Menu? Or have you tried completely unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in? Thank you. I'm sure we will come to some sort of resolution soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User Your box seems like it may be having hardware issues. This problem typically occurs when the memory/cache isn't working properly. Have you checked for software updates via the Settings Menu? Or have you tried completely unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in? Thank you. I'm sure we will come to some sort of resolution soon

Yes tried updating with the settings menu first, but that always says I'm up to date, but by forcing an update I get the thumbnails back, though that doesn't fix the catchup problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried a full factory reset by going into the nowtv box menu settings to see if that resolves it ?