cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

keeps restating to homescreen

When I go try watch anything on entertainment or movies its starts going back to the home screen why this
5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Is this happening with any content you try to play, or is it only happening when you try to play something from your Watchlist or Continue Watching section? (Try playing something from one of the other sections instead to check).

It's usually a good idea when NOW TV doesn't play anything to try rebooting your broadband router first, and while that's rebooting unplug your NOW TV box. When your router is back up and connected plug your box back in and try again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its happening when am trying to play anything from my watch list and Nythink on the entertainment list and movie list.even my apps are freezing up when am trying to watch anything.
It was working last night.
I'm using WiFi via my phone so not a router really.
I've restarted box still was same and now I've just rebooted the whole box to factory settings but am just still waiting for it to update the apps
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Tethering the box to a phone's data connection isn't a great solution really, due to the large amount of data the box consumes and the need for a stable throughput, do you not have a broadband option where you live? I think there's a good chance it is this causing your problem, if possible I'd suggest going to a friend or family and setting the box up on their TV, connecting to their broadband to allow the box to update and see whether you can play content there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have any broadband where I am,ok Il try that the movies are working just the entertainment really.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  please note I have unlimited broadband here but when I changed suppliers I asked for a usage amount.  I had been using over 100GB per month of data.  I don't game or do large file downloads so my usage was down to Now and Amazon (evenings and weekends) I wasn't using it every evening or all day on weekends either.   

Are you on either Giff Gaff or Three unlimited tariffs?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.