cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

keep getting an error message saying something went wrong try again later on my now tv box since it

now tv box logged me out every time i try to log back in it keeps coming up ooops sorry something went wrong please try again later this has been happening all morning how do i solve it 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you switch the power off to both your router and nowtv box for about 30 secs, does it make any difference ?

If that doesn't work, you could try a factory reset by pushing a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 secs until you see the "Lets get Started" message show on screen.

With a factory reset you will have to re enter your wifi password again and might be asked to visit the nowtv website with your PC or mobile device internet browser to re enter your account details and enter a six digit activation code shown on your television screen (just follow the instructions on your TV screen when electronically activating the nowtv box).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you switch the power off to both your router and nowtv box for about 30 secs, does it make any difference ?

If that doesn't work, you could try a factory reset by pushing a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 secs until you see the "Lets get Started" message show on screen.

With a factory reset you will have to re enter your wifi password again and might be asked to visit the nowtv website with your PC or mobile device internet browser to re enter your account details and enter a six digit activation code shown on your television screen (just follow the instructions on your TV screen when electronically activating the nowtv box).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankyou i have reset the box that seems to be working now 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've reset my stick it worked for a bit after then stopped again with the sorry something went wrong im getting a bit annoyed know payfor it and it's not working right 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a user and this happened to me..with much annoyance I tried everything. Even spoke on live chat without success until I realised I could login in with mobile phone data and realised my ip address had been blocked on my router...I think this is an automatic security measure. I had recently tried to login on my pc and forgotten my password. Contact live chat and explain this. Wait a couple of hours then go and try again. I did this and it is now working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to us. However we do not have the box. So cannot reset. It is on our smart tv. I have removed and the added the app. And still not working.

i have used now tv on another tv and it’s working on another account. 

thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if unplugging the power to your Smart TV for about a minute with the inbuilt NowTV App clears the error, at the same time reboot your Router.

Let the Router start up first give it say 5 minutes to settle back down then switch the mains power back onto the television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was advised to reset my NOW TV sticks by customer services - but it didn't work on either of them. The "Sorry, NOW TV is currently unavailable, Please try again later" message came up again immediately after resetting them both. Something that affects all my NOW TV sticks and my black NOW TV box seems to have happened at some point in the past few months.

I suppose this might have been a firmware update sent to the devices or perhaps a server error but, whatever caused it, it is unacceptable. I have waited patiently for this problem to be fixed, but it hasn't been and is SO frustrating. Essentially, I feel we are being asked to continue paying expensive monthly subscriptions for a broken streaming service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. Every 10 or 20 minutes I am subjected to the opps something went wrong message. I have reset the nowtv box, reset my router to no avail. It’s becoming very boring. Netflix, Disney+ , YouTube etc no problems. My subscription ends in two weeks and I won’t be renewing. Sad because I liked nowtv but it’s now unusable.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried the forced software update by going into the secret menu on your NowTV box ?

When i spoke to NowTV the other day, they reckon that the "Something Went Wrong" message has been fixed and a forced software update should hopefully resolve it.

I never had this particular message on my NowTV 4K box, so i can't confirm if the forced software will resolve your issue or not.

There was a red service banner up for a day or two under the Help section on the website, but this has been removed with regards to "Something Went Wrong" error message .

Here's the instructions how to force a software update on NowTV / Roku branded devices.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version.