cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbie2
Advocate

hub two router

Hi anyone near my wifi who tries to join is being told they can bypass my password if they are in my contacts. to put their device next to one already on the network. I do not want this to be available. none of my devices have a hot spot or wifi sharing available. why is the hub broadcasting this message ??? any ideas

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@debbie2  Welcome to the community. It's not actually the NOW TV Hub doing that, it’s a feature built into iOS. There’s no way to disable the feature as such, but the password won’t be shared automatically, you’d have to choose to share it when both phones are close and the request pops up on your phone. You could try disabling Bluetooth if you don’t need Bluetooth for other devices with your phone, or remove a person from your contacts list, but otherwise I’m afraid it’s something that will just happen. You can find out more here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209368

PS just to reassure you, only people who have you saved as a contact will see that message when they want to join, not complete strangers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @debbie2 

I use the NOW Hub 2 and never come across this message before or seen it reported on the NOW Community Forum.

Have you tried resetting the Router by holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds.

If the message is still appearing and no other forum members knows exactly what's happening, then maybe get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team.

debbie2
Advocate

thank you,

yes i have reset it. i'm baffled thought i would check here 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@debbie2  Welcome to the community. It's not actually the NOW TV Hub doing that, it’s a feature built into iOS. There’s no way to disable the feature as such, but the password won’t be shared automatically, you’d have to choose to share it when both phones are close and the request pops up on your phone. You could try disabling Bluetooth if you don’t need Bluetooth for other devices with your phone, or remove a person from your contacts list, but otherwise I’m afraid it’s something that will just happen. You can find out more here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209368

PS just to reassure you, only people who have you saved as a contact will see that message when they want to join, not complete strangers!

debbie2
Advocate

thank you

yes that great to know

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy 

No wonder I have never come across this message myself, where I don't own any iOS devices (we are all Android in our household).