cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

glitch noise

Hi

I've had now tv on and off and the last time i stopped using it due to a glitch (bad noise) comes up near every 10-15min of anything i watch from now tv (movie or tv), i've had the box plugged back in today and while the kids are watching it, it seems this problem is still on going, i'm not getting it when i watch gold rush from my moms (who has sky) yet i get in back at my house (virgin media).

Just asking is this ever getting fixed as i'm on 150mb with virgin and get no packet loss on my end, plus netflix works great with no problems but only getting it from now tv, (i get it from both white box and black box, wired and wireless).

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anything? not one dam reply, no wounder no one uses this anymore

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with a solution, but there have been other isolated reports in these threads, you might want to contribute to those as NOW TV Team members were previously engaged there

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/Sound-glitches/td-p/445429/highlight/true/page/2

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Intermittent-Screeching-Audio/td-p/446375/highlight/true/page/3

There were reports of Roku 2/3 devices also suffering this a few months back, which pointed towards a possible Roku firmware issue, but things do seem to have died down. I've not had the issue for a while now, but if you post examples of when this is happening (eg what you were watching, timestamp, live or on-demand) into one of those threads and tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team she can bring it to the attention of someone to look into.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankks but even a hard reset as some stated does not work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AndyThere hasn't been any improvement at all in the sound glitching. In fact watching Hancock this evening this movie is one of the worst yet for the screeches. A whole load of them occur in the first 30 minutes of the movie on Roku 3.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Not much I can do personally I'm afraid, but I'll tag @Karl-F from the NOW TV Team so he is aware it's still an issue. I've not noticed any sound glitches for a while now but it's obviously still an issue for some users. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

This issue has been fed back to the relevant team and we are awaiting a fix. 

Sorry again, 

Karl

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Please can this major issue be prioritised as i have experienced this very annoyiong glitch for many months also with picture breakup and after contacting Live Chat, who deny there is a problem and blame my slow internet connection - under 3mb though when ever i test this end i get 200mb which has also been confirmed by my IP i have a stable connection so the issue is not this end.  I have tried everything to remedy this end to no avail and happens via the black box and also the same on the Samsung smart NowTV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

This issue has been fed back to the relevant team and we are awaiting a fix. 

Sorry again, 

Karl"

@Anonymous User this sound issue is already a known problem from last year ! 

we dont need "this as now been reported" weve heard it all from the other mods on here on diffrent threads

we need a fix not the same spin over and over like weve had from months ago

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had my Now Box upgraded some 10 months ago after suffering the clicking sound glitch problem. It's just started again with the new unit. What is this problem that they seem unable to fix?