cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error 14

I keep getting the error code 14 message when I try and connect to wifi.  I've tried enabling and disabling pings and that doesn't work.  I can't plug my box into my router as it's too far away.  I can't find the live chat option for love nor money as I never get a "Contact Us" option at the bottom of any of the pages.    Can anyone help?

59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Please see this help file re error 14 http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought  a Now Tv Smart stick and cannot get it to connect to my wifi.

I "cannot connect.....Does your router block unknown MAC addresses? Add mac address D8:31:34:3F:22:0"
ERROR 14:30
I have checked that my SAGEMCOM ROUTER does not block any Mac addresses
and also tried and double checked all the usual obvious things such as passwords, restart router, etc etc but without.success.
can anybody please help/
Anonymous User
Not applicable

have folowed leaflet instruction but nothing is happening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Please could you provide a few more details and someone on the forum will be able to offer advice.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
bought the monthly package on its own but then quickly realized I needed
the box which I now have but I can't complete the process because it's
asking for a Nowtv password which I can't recall making a not of or,is it a
case of waiting for one through the post
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You would have set up your password when you signed up to NOW TV.

Fear not though you can request a reset by clicking here.

Thanks

Andy

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As @Anonymous User says it'd really help us if you could provide some more information, if you could answer the following that'd be wonderful:

- Is your box all connected via HDMI to your TV and is your TV on the correct input, like HDMI 1?

- When you point the  NOW TV remote at the box and click it  does the light on the front flash?

- Do you see any kind of error message on the screen - if so what does is say and is there a number?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can't get my box to connect... it finds WiFi but no local network I just get a red x and that's it then error code 014

Pls help driving me nuts
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fixed it by going to special platform n disabling pings x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have just purchased a Now TV box for my in-laws, who live in an annexe in my garden. They are connected to my main house's router via an extension booster which is plugged in to their annexe.  They can use the internet fine on their tablets and the signal is strong.

I have tried to set up the Now TV box and whilst it connects to the router ok it fails to connect to the local network? (error 014).  I have tried the fix to disable pings but this had no effect.  I have also reset the box and it still doesn't work.

Could it be that they are connected to the internet via the router extension??

Help please!

Thanks

Marcus