cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error 14

I keep getting the error code 14 message when I try and connect to wifi.  I've tried enabling and disabling pings and that doesn't work.  I can't plug my box into my router as it's too far away.  I can't find the live chat option for love nor money as I never get a "Contact Us" option at the bottom of any of the pages.    Can anyone help?

59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in uni accommodation so I've registered the MAC address to work on a certain wifi and it's still not working. Tried hooking it up to another wifi we have. Again still not working.
Not happy that this is the 1st time I've brought a now tv box and it's not working and I paid for 6months entertainment pass.
Tried doing the whole home x5 thing and it's not worked. Plugged it into my mates room and it's not working. There's only so many times I can reset the thing before I want to throw it out the window
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Thanks for trying all those steps already, it definitely helps a lot.

Is this going through a shared network? This can cause some issues.

If you have a 3G connection that would be worth a shot!

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately you may have fallen fowl of the way university internet is set up.  For security I suspect only uni students can log in on the wifi.  You will have a user name and password.  Can you access Now TV on your phone or PC? If anyone in your halls has a chromecast you might want to try using it just to see if it will work.  University networks create VPNs.  now does not allow access via these.  Have a quick search on google, you might find some helpful information.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My friend has a white box in her room and it works perfectly fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you sure you've used the correct MAC address? There is one for Wifi and one for Ethernet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to echo what has been said above, This would be something that I would speak to your Uni Halls IT department about, we do find a lot of Halls block streaming devices as it is a shared WIFI connection.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah it's the one under the box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately there isn't much more NOW TV can do about the way your hall wifi is setup. Are you sure your friend didn't have to do anything else with the IT department to get theirs working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try your friends box in your room and see if it works 

Then try your in her room as well 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't connect to Internet