cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error 14

I keep getting the error code 14 message when I try and connect to wifi.  I've tried enabling and disabling pings and that doesn't work.  I can't plug my box into my router as it's too far away.  I can't find the live chat option for love nor money as I never get a "Contact Us" option at the bottom of any of the pages.    Can anyone help?

59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried enabling the guest wifi mode on your router and connecting the box to that access point? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks but I've read that this isn't very secure and I also don't know how to do that.  I'm wondering whether to just send the box back as I seem to be able to watch just fine without it.  Any reason I should keep it (assuming it was working!)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Please see advice here: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Try resetting the NOW TV box and trying again. If you still cannot connect, the Contact Us button is at the bottom of that page which will take you to live chat.

Hope this helps 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Virgin label it as "Safer wireless connections with the guest network". They have a step-by-step guide depending on your router here.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Newbie have you tried the 5ghz setting. I have Virgin and both my boxes are happier on that.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Evening ....

please can someone inform me as to why my now tv box will not work i have tried the soloution that i have seen online about pressing home 5 times ect and this has not worked , however i am not prepared to change my wireless channelon my virgin media as it informs me not to do so and  as i have no other problems with any other internet connections i have to other devices, my girlfriend has a now tv box and has never encounterd any of these issues, i am a very dissappointed customer and would not of brought this product if i realised how much hassel it would be to set up.

Legend 5
Legend 5
Do you have a Superhub? Try connecting to 5ghz rather than 2ghz. I have Virgin and find my two boxes connect better with that.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have had no joy whatsoever in installing my black now tv box. Tried all the advice previously given but it still will not connect. I have another white box that I have had no trouble with but this new one just won't play ball. Help!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which steps have you tried? Disabling pings? Enabling the guest wifi mode and connecting the box to that? Changing the 5GHz SSID to something different than the one used by the 2.4?