cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error 10021, how long do I have to wait to watch on another box?

My son is watching F1 in his room, I was watching it on a White Now box in my conservatory and now I want to watch golf in the living room on my Black Nowbox.  I switched the white box off and I'm still getting error 10021, too many simultaneous streams.  How long do I need to wait, this happens all the time, shouldn't it be instantaneous?

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... I'm still getting error 10021, too many simultaneous streams.  How long do I need to wait, this happens all the time, shouldn't it be instantaneous?

Hi @Anonymous User,

It should be almost instant. Try disconnecting the power cord from your 'white' NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already done that.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Next step... Try re-booting your router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's working now, but I had to wait 30 minutes, which is what usually happens.  I shouldn't have to reboot my router for this, it should just happen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you just switch the NOW TV Box off, it takes about 15/30 min's for the system to do a "heart-beat" check on that box and for the information to get back to our systems to say that your not streaming on it.

However if you exit the stream on the NOW TV Box using the remote control (so using the back button) , it then sends a message back to the server saying that box isn't streaming that channel anymore.

This would then allow you to watch on the other NOW TV Box without the waiting around.

Cheers

Andy

m4ttgtr
Scholar 2

Well I just followed those instructions on my black box and I still got the error on my laptop. I removed the black box from 'manage devices' and that cured it!! Here's an idea, on the 'manage devices' page, have a 'stop streaming on this device' button. You're welcome.