cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

connection issues

i have been having constant trouble with my second NOWTV box. After about 10 minutes or, the screen goes blank, and i get a 'no signal' message on the screen. I have tried it on three diifferent tvs in the house, all with  the same result. I have tried all the resetting and updated proceedures as advertised on the forum, but to no avail. The annoying thing is, i know it works, because i can get the signal ok to begin with - its just as though the signal gives up!

any pointers greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If it works fine to start with but then you lose signal after a while it sounds like an intermittent issue with either the HDMI port (on either TV or box) or cable. You've not mentioned exactly what you've tried but if you haven't already I'd suggest doing a forced software update

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

I'd also suggest removing the HDMI cable from both ends and then reseating and try using a different HDMI port on the TV. If you have another HDMI cable to try that would also be useful.

If all that fails it could well be an issue with the box, if it's less that 12 months I'd suggest contacting the retailer to try and exchange or repair under warranty.