cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

box switching itself on

Hi all

My black box keeps turning itself on. When I finish watching something I select home and it goes into 'standby' and light on the front goes off.

Last couple of days it is back on by the morning and when I got home from work it was back on.

Any ideas what could be causing it? Remote is out of the way so not being sat on etc

Oh and last night the picture was terrible, could hardly see the picture.

Why are updates normally for the worse (in my experience anyway)
5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: How to reset your NOW TV Box?

Cheers

Lindzi
Elite 2

So new development, I have noticed that the box now switches on when I turn the TV on and also when I turn the TV off. All started after the 'update' but could be a coincedence I suppose Smiley Frustrated

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi The recent update introduced a "control other devices" option, which by default is on. This may, or may not, be causing some of your problems. If you haven't spotted it already and turned it off, you'll find it in the "systems" menu.

Lindzi
Elite 2

oooh thank you @Mark_Weinreb

I did notice an option about controlling other devices last night night but I can't remember if it was ticked or not. I will investigate this when I get home.

Good tip! thanks! Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital

I have tried rebooting the box but not a factory reset. I'll do that tonight and see if it behaves itself after that