cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blank screen

Once I've set the TV to HDM1 the next step is pressing OK or Home on the NowTV remote and usually I get something on the screen but not today.  The screen remains blank. I've changed the batteries and the internet is working too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Once I've set the TV to HDM1 the next step is pressing OK or Home on the NowTV remote and usually I get something on the screen but not today.  The screen remains blank. I've changed the batteries and the internet is working too.

@Anonymous User
Just to get the ball rolling.
Any white light on the front of the NowTV box ?
If the screen is blank with nothing shown apart from the HDMI 1 shown the screen, maybe the HDMI cable has come loose on the back of the box or TV.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing is coming up on my tv screen it looks like my tele is off but it isn't. When I reset the now tv box by pricking the back of it eventually the purple screen comes up, then it goes off again. Tried changing cables etc. etc. nothing happening. Any help please?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update.

For or anyone else reading this probably best not to do a reset of the box, just wait until the issue is fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you just worked the next day!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the above minus changing port as only one. Am sorting out a replacement now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turning on, I get a subdued white light on the front.

Then 'Roku' appears on the screen briefly - with the letters doing a mexican wave - then the ligth on the front goes bright, and the screen just goes blank and nothing else.

The remote doesn't trigger anything - the light on the front of the box doesn't respond to any remote pressing.

I've changed batteries in the remote to ones I know are fresh.

I've checked connections, and done a hard reset of the box via the hole on the back.

Anything else before I return the box as defective?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  with the Now box you get chattering teeth when you first plug in the box.    I personally woud return it as defective.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box isn't even a year old never had problems with it apart from the first installation. Today it's divided to stop working all together and just get a blank screen, can anyone suggest something? Tried the resset button and another tv! I'm lost
Anonymous User
Not applicable

See the post above yours. From what I could see yesterday, there was a massive problem that affected many users, myself included, but the link posted by Andy now no longer appears to work... So I dunno if it was fixed or what...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

The status post has been removed as the issue should be resolved now. However the advice in the post was for anyone still having trouble to contact NOW TV on the following page (you can choose either the email or live chat options).

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku