cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blank/ black screen when changing channels

Hi.  I'm getting blank/ black screens sometimes when trying to change channels, as if there is no signal or something and sometimes I get the colured spinning thing but dont connect,  any ideas what's up?

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to add to this report as i have also experinced this issue but only for the last week or so. I do firmly believe this is not an issue with our connections. The streaming of channels are perfectly fine, it is when you switch to another channel while you are already streaming one using the mini-guide.

It is not something that happens all the time just occassionally and it does seem to be less frequent now than it was when it first started. But basically what happenes is you press to switch to another channel and you just don't get to the channel. You get a black screen (which is the normal when switching) but that black screen usually goes after a few seconds and the channel appears. What is happening is that the black screen does not dissapear and the channel does not load, sometimes you get the spinning circles, sometimes you don't. But when this happens it stays like that until you press to exit the app and go back into it, then all is well again  .. well until next time.

It does appear to be a bug with the app or something but as said it's not a thing that is constantly happening everytime you switch, most time it's fine, nevertheless maybe something that needs to be looked into.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried the steps earlier on in this post ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy-S

Aye I did do a reset when it first started and was bad but didn't make a difference. It is an odd thing as I have two boxes, one white, one black and only the black one does it.

Anyway not had any more occurrences since I added to the original report so maybe it has been rectified. It seemed regular about a week ago around the time when the topic author posted about this but then gradually has got better.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using "black" box, hense why i posted in the Now Tv box (black) forum

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply.

Does it happen on everything you're trying to watch - Live and on demand? Have you unplugged all the cables from the back of the TV and Box, plugged them back in and made sure everything is securely in place?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

not on everything, its random.  What is unplugging the cable and plugging it back in gonna  do? youve got a bug in your system, reported by numerious people.  If i unplug my cable is that gonna sort out someones problem in liverpool?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please tell us what content your trying to watch when this issue happens? It could be the issue is with the show/movie you're trying to watch, in which case we need to get the content fixed on our side.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

errr, as i said its random!.  Its not the content, its the software!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply.

We still need some examples. Just let us know which content it's not working (when the issue occurs) on and we'll be able to report it back.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If Raevelyn is happy to do your R&D for you, take my problem as the same as theirs, they have expalined exactly what happens.