cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

blank/ black screen when changing channels

Hi.  I'm getting blank/ black screens sometimes when trying to change channels, as if there is no signal or something and sometimes I get the colured spinning thing but dont connect,  any ideas what's up?

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, @Anonymous User

It sounds like you're experiencing connection issues. Firstly, let's try performing the following steps, which will help boost the transition time between selecting channels on the NOW TV Box EPG;

Please press the following combination on your NOW TV Box Remote:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, a new screen will appear called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

If that doesn't work, please run a speed test. You can click here to perform one with the popular SpeedTest.net provider. If your average download speed is below 3Mbps, there will be problems with fast connections to the streaming servers. If that is the case, all I can recommend is changing your connection type (e.g wireless to wired) or find an alternative connection source with a faster speed.

Thanks!

Osculogic 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No screen comes up off those combination of buttons, sure it's right, what screen do I have to be on to start with before trying the combination? I've got a 50mb speed, it ain't speed related.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try a hard reset if you're still having issues with the box. This will ask for another update. If you have issues then please let us know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What will resetting and updating again do, it's already on the latest firmware, it's not going to Magic a fix out of thin air for a bug in the latest firmware?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Hard resetting will install the firmware again, if you're just seeing the loading screen it's likely there's been an issue when installing so this will give you a fresh start.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That advise Doenst make sense, it's already on the latest firmware, therefore there must be a bug in it , resetting, then upgrading to the firmware that it's already on, ain't gonna fix a problem in the latest firmware?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Of course it makes sense. They explained clearly why they want you to try it. You have an issue no one else is reportin, so if it was a bug like you say everyone should have it. Are you just trying to make things difficult? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

right, tgried a re-set, updated again and guess what it still does it but now its not always "blank/black" screen, it least gets the spinning colur loading thing?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for trying the steps. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Are you you using a White or Black NOW TV Box? 

Do you experience this issue on any other devices? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team