cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

black now box on reboot loop

My 10 month old box just suddenly stopped working mid program. I've done all troubleshooting processes, I've talked to someone on live chat. All I'm told is that the tec team will email me in nxt 24hrs. So the advisor cant explain what is up with it, saying the tec team have different troubleshooting processes. So hows that bloody work via email. I've had to buy another box so I can use my passes. I'm disgusted at the lack of expert help, one thing is certain, if I had been considering the combo package, I wont be now. Disgraceful customer service. Out of pocket and faith in now tv. I guess anything sky offers is bound to be overpriced and under managed.
3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

A build-up of static can often cause issues with electronic devices. I suggest you disconnect the power cord from the rear of the 'black' box, let the NOW TV Box rest for around half an hour. And then reconnect it 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One of my black boxes recently experianced this problem too and apears to be related to a recent software update. No idea why it only effected only one box (i have 2).

I tried to hard reset and everything else which i am guessing support will of had you do too - but nothing worked. Evertime the back updated again it went into the reboot loop.

What did finally solve it was to do nothing at all. I basically gave up and left the box half hour doing it's silly reboot and it just appeared to fix itself.

As an experiment i hard reset both my boxes.. again the same box went into a loop, while the other did not. Seems to be a very odd thing :s (and again after half hour or so the box just escaped the loop on its own).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with you from the lack of knowledge about what the problem is 

6 hours later they said it was a data update

I had to go to my local library and use the computer as I don't have any other way!!

I asked to be emailed with a update LOL

NOW I HAVE JUST BEEN READING THE UPDATE N THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

As a customer the trouble iv had thinking my box was not working was just a total amount of my sanity and I'm so reckon we are owed compensation for poor performance but I'm in agreement with you that whatever the outcome it's not a A LOT TO SAY SORRY ABOUT THAT