cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

audio keeps cutting out - new black now tv box

Hi, can anyone help. Bought the new now tv box, set up, all working fine apart from the audio sometimes cuts out on playback. No issues with picture. Have reset the box and checked my hdmi connection. Is the box faulty? Should i take it back? I originally posted elsewhere on the site and then saw this section for boxes. Happens on all playback/on demand content. Ive gone back and rewound to see if its the file or the connection and its not the file - as it doesnt happen second time round. so im starting to think its the box itself..? Regards sk
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for joining us on the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having audio issues (pun not intended!) but I'm going to go through through some steps with you to help get it back in working order 🙂

I'd just like a little bit more information so I know what steps would be best.

When you checked the HDMI connection, did you try another cable or port?

You mentioned that you tried rewinding the video and heard it the second time. Have you tried playing out live content to see if it happens then?

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, happened again today. No, ive not tried changing hdmi port, so will try that too. Dont really watch anything live but will try that aswell. Another poster mentioned wifi connections - i dont see why there should be an issue, i would expect a box of this nature to be able to handle any type of connection surely! Router located less yan 3ft away. Sk
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sharon,

While it's entirely possible that it could be the connection, it is unlikely. Especially if the box is less than 3 feet away like you said.

I don't want to force you to watch Live TV! It's just so I can have an idea about the issue you're facing 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Another poster mentioned wifi connections - i dont see why there should be an issue, i would expect a box of this nature to be able to handle any type of connection surely! Router located less yan 3ft away. Sk

Well... given your router is only 3 feet away from your Now TV Box I suggest use a wired ethernet connection instead of WiFi Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, so far i have tried changing hdmi port - still cuts out, have watched live tv - still cuts out - no change really, i still think its the box. If i take it back to currys will they change it? If i wanted a ethernet connected to box, with wires across my living room id have stuck to virgin media. Help!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing.

Are you able to test the NOW TV Box on a different TV to see if it works properly in a different room/tv? 

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, no havent got another tv to try. When i said live tv cuts out too - i meant live channels through the now tv box not actual live normal tv - which is totally fine. So far NowTV help have yet to actually suggest running a diagostics on the box etc ? As i said never had a problem with the old white box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post 

I have emailed you directly regarding this

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team