cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube without sound

Hi, I’m having problems using Youtube on the Now TV box, every time I try to watch a video on Youtube, the screen goes blank and I can hear adverts before the video starts without any picture, if I try to press any directional button I get the picture but with the overlay to advance forward, usually this would time out after a few seconds but this remains for the duration of the video, if I try to exit it then I loose the picture but still get the sound.

I’ve already checked the cables, done a system update and uninstalled and reinstalled the Youtube application but the problem persists.

I regularly use the Now TV box and all the other applications are working fine.

Anyone else getting this problem or knows how to rectify it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I get this occasionally with my Philips TV and NowTV 4K box where for some reason the YouTube App doesn't play nicely with my television and it seems like a HDMI conflict between the App and my television.

No solution sorry, where i have to power down both the television and NowTV box to watch YouTube again.

When i use the same NowTV box and same HDMI cable on my older television watching YouTube is rock solid.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I get this occasionally with my Philips TV and NowTV 4K box where for some reason the YouTube App doesn't play nicely with my television and it seems like a HDMI conflict between the App and my television.

No solution sorry, where i have to power down both the television and NowTV box to watch YouTube again.

When i use the same NowTV box and same HDMI cable on my older television watching YouTube is rock solid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, all working as normal, the one thing I didn’t try was turn it off and on again, there’s hope for me yet getting a job working on an IT helpdesk, Ha ha

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For me temporary switching the power off on the television and NowTV box will get me watching the YouTube App again, but occasionally after a few hours or days the same problem rears it ugly head 😡.

If you have an older HD Ready (720p) television, then maybe try 720p in the NowTV box menu settings, and maybe try a different HDMI port on your television as well.

Though with a HDMI handshake conflict i would expect the problem to happen any time when using any Apps on the box.

Unless it's a bug on the YouTube App, but would expect more reports on the Community Forum.

You could try a forced software on your box (see step 6) on the link below, though i doubt it will make any difference to your YouTube problem, but worth a try anyway.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Can you temporary test the NowTV box on a different television in your home with regards to the YouTube App to see if the issue persists ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Thanks for all your help, I’ll save this in case it happens again.

Have a good evening

R