cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

YouTube app doesn't load

Hello,

I have had this box for years and never once had a problem with an application. The issue I am having is when I try to open the YouTube app it goes to a screen of a sand timer and then goes back to the home screen. I tried the simple things like unplugging the box and back in again, waiting, using a pin to reset the box and even a full factory reset. Unfortunately, my efforts have been in vain as none of this has worked. I have checked that YouTube is not being blocked on the internet and it is not. If I could get any resolution to this it would be appriceated.

Anemoi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, I understand from your previous posts that only YouTube is affected, if that is corrected then I think you have two, not mutually exclusive, options:

1) Contact Now TV's help chat by accessing "Help" in the green banner above.

2) Contact Google help:  https://support.google.com/?hl=en-GB

You can also write to Now TV at the following email:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

Good Luck

UK Bob

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey

What device are you using?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A black box

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, got it.

When did this problem start and do you know if your Now TV box was recently updated?

Also, have you tried using a new YouTube icon by deleting the old one and installing another one?

Let us know.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I have also tried uninstalling, restarting then reinstalling and still have the same issue. The problem started 2 days ago while I was on the app I got kicked off and then couldn't open it again. I did a force update yesterday as well.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, I understand from your previous posts that only YouTube is affected, if that is corrected then I think you have two, not mutually exclusive, options:

1) Contact Now TV's help chat by accessing "Help" in the green banner above.

2) Contact Google help:  https://support.google.com/?hl=en-GB

You can also write to Now TV at the following email:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

Good Luck

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will give this a try, will update if it works or not. But thank you for the help.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have done the standard troubleshooting for the device. 

Another suggestion (probably wont work) is that you could unplug the router for a few mintues. 

Then head onto Live chat, to see if its something which Now TV staff can sort out for you. 

Just make sure to click "chat online" within the green box. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

Hey Gavs

Do you know if Now TV has done any updates or fixes recently, say within the last few days?

You see, my Samsung smart TV is partially bricked by the Now TV app and coupled with Anemoi's  icon problem, both seem OS related and all a bit too coincidental for my liking.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but..

Anyway, let me know what you think.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Not that I am aware of, haven't plugged my Now TV stick in for almost 2 months. Also I have not used the Now TV app itself since start of January. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help