cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xmas boxes

When are these boxes going on sale? Was meant to be Monday at 00.01 and never happened because of a glitch then I received an email last night saying it was going to be today at 06.00 and they are not in stock again also the link provided on now tv Facebook and Twitter pages is invalid, now tv.uk/christmasbox any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you get them from Tesco

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you get them from Tesco

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I've been checking tesco since 6 using the link  from the now tv email and it was saying out of stock on the search page but when I clicked onto the one I'm ordering and it shows its in stock and I've now ordered one, thanks for the help though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed when clicking get notified that it was actually letting me order, however I stopped myself as I only have one TV and 3 boxes already (after giving away my forth). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm the same but just going give one away as well, so I can register the new one, just wondering with the monthly device limits can I remove one box when I get the new one and add the new box right away? Gonna accept your answer as a solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The device limit is one change each month. If you haven't done one already this December you'll be fine swapping over with the new box. The updated My Account makes it very clear what you can do. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couple of questions -:

1) What are the added features/benefit of the new 'Black' box compared to the 'White' one ?

2) Are these limited editions based on the 'Black' box specs ?

I have a white box which works fine and my gut tells me to avoid the modern 'upgrade upgrade upgrade' rush just because something new and shiny becomes available so there has to be some real added benefit here. Is the new box capable of HD...is there a link somewhere with all the specs/comparisons between the two ?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the comparison here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/NOW-TV-Box-Tech-Spec

The Xmas box is a black box. If you are after a new box or fancy the Xmas decorated ones then go for it, but at the moment the White box is still capable of running everything, albeit a little slower than the black box which feels a bit more zippy and has the benefit of Ethernet for those that like to have a wired connection rather than wireless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, not sure how I missed the tech specs link 🙂

I'm happy enough with the current white box and it does the job, fast enough for me. My broadband router is miles from my TV so the ethernet option isn't really a benefit for me. I was tempted by the nifty designs and possibility of full 1080p HD but Xmas is but once a year and it seems like the improvements are largely cosmetic apart from perhaps some slight sound enhancements.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, whilst the new box can display 1080p the NOW TV service is only 720p at the moment so you're still getting the best current resolution on your White box, so you might as well spend the pennies elsewhere for now!

This will be the second year they have done special Xmas designs so no doubt it will reappear next year if you are tempted then!