cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What counts as a concurrent user.

• Hello,

I have a Nowtv box. If I sign in but it's not accessing Nowtv content does it count as a concurrent user? 

If my daughter is signed in to her PS4 and not accessing Nowtv context does it count as a concurrent user? 

I want to use these devices but do not want to sign in and out of my Nowtv account every time they access Nowtv content. 

Is Nowtv clever enough to detect ACTUALLY content usage when it applies the two user limit in the pool of the six device limit?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are signed into your NowTV box or your Daughters PS4 NowTV App it doesn't count for the two streams at the same time limit (three simultaneous streams on a Boost Pass) unless you are actually physically watching some nowtv content on your nowtv pass / passes.

So there is no need to sign in and out of the NowTV App (i leave my six devices always logged in).

So for example i could have six nowtv boxes signed into my NowTV account and watching YouTube, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub App and All 4 App on four boxes and the remaining two boxes watching nowtv all at the same time and it will not trigger the maximum two streams at the same time message.

So the answer to your question is yes the NowTV software when signed into the App is clever enough only to detect nowtv content usage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are signed into your NowTV box or your Daughters PS4 NowTV App it doesn't count for the two streams at the same time limit (three simultaneous streams on a Boost Pass) unless you are actually physically watching some nowtv content on your nowtv pass / passes.

So there is no need to sign in and out of the NowTV App (i leave my six devices always logged in).

So for example i could have six nowtv boxes signed into my NowTV account and watching YouTube, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub App and All 4 App on four boxes and the remaining two boxes watching nowtv all at the same time and it will not trigger the maximum two streams at the same time message.

So the answer to your question is yes the NowTV software when signed into the App is clever enough only to detect nowtv content usage.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Many many thanks. Much appreciated.

Happy and safe New Year

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A small footnote, it can take up to 10 minutes for the device to not be concurrent if you do something like switch off power to box or stick.  So what you should do is stop the stream properly first.