cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching programmes live

Hi all

is channel 5 still not watchable live please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you mean the My 5 App, then no there is still no option to watch live channels contained inside the App.

Though i did notice recently the All 4 App now offers a live TV feature.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you mean the My 5 App, then no there is still no option to watch live channels contained inside the App.

Though i did notice recently the All 4 App now offers a live TV feature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi why cant I watch ITV channel live 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would that be using the older white nowtv box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the dongle in the telly I was getting it but not on now .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't got a NowTV Stick to check, though i have just checked my NowTV Smart box and the live channels on the ITV hub App seem to be working for me.

First thing i would try is a reboot on both your stick and Router by temporary switching the power for about 30 seconds.

Then i would try a forced software update on the stick by following step 6 in this linked guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Should that fail, then go into the My Apps section of the stick and remove the ITV Hub App, then go to the Apps Store on the stick and reinstall the App again.

Just beware once you reinstall the App you would need to enter all your details again to use the App.

Should you still have no luck, then you will need to get in touch with ITV Hub support for assistance & help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou... yes I’ve noticed the channel 4 is now live. It’s one of the  things I find annoying about now tv and also the fact that it won’t allow certain films to be watched on itv, for instance tonight’s Harry Potter...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe the reason the Harry Potter films for example are not shown live on the ITV Hub App is because of the licence deal between ITV and the Rights Holder who own the films usually the movie studio.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002763533-How-do-I-watch-live-TV-on-the-ITV-Hub- 

From my understanding because the ITV Hub App is a third party App, what content and what live streaming rights on the App would be nothing to do with NowTV where they would have no say or control on the matter (even though the ITV Hub App is on the NowTV devices).