cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching on iPad

Can anyone tell me how to remove the black borders from iPad screen when watching now tv? 

12 REPLIES 12
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Once the programme starts playing, tap the screen once to bring up the playback controls, then double tap to zoom in and remove black bars.

Note tho this doesn't stretch the picture, it zooms into the picture, so you'll end up cutting off some of the action at the edges. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How about moving this topic into the forums dedicated iPhone, iPod, and iPad Devices sub-section...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Thanks for posting. I have sent you an email regarding your query. Please check your Inbox/Junk folder for it.

Thanks,

Richard 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I used to be able to do this but now the option does not seem to be available?
Can anyone help?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't own a ipad or iphone, but have you tried using two fingers pinching the screen outwards when the video is playing to see if the picture zooms out ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Yeah I have tried that but it doesn't work either.

Thank you though
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The ability to zoom to full screen was removed from the iOS app a couple of versions ago, you now can't zoom full screen and have to watch in the ratio intended.

Having said that I've never checked to see if it's a deliberate choice on NOW TV's part (I prefer to watch movies letterboxes not full-screen) or if it is a bug they've not noticed so I'll mention it to the NOW TV Team to find out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Thank you 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The NOW TV team are going to check if the lack of full-screen is deliberate or a bug, so hopefully should hear something in a few days time.