cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching more than one tv on now

I want to sometimes want to watch niw tv on  a bedroom TV while the Mrs is watching the main TV in the lounge do I have to get another now device for that or can I watch 2tvs with one now box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You will need an additional device if you want to watch nowtv on the main Living Room TV and the TV in your Bedroom.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You will need an additional device if you want to watch nowtv on the main Living Room TV and the TV in your Bedroom.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps, I did think so.

We bought a now stick for the small TV in the bedroom but the HDMI connection isn't in a place that allows it to connect. So we tried swapping it with our now TV box from the large lounge TV.

We are now having trouble getting the smart stick up and running could you or anyone advise me on this please.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the HDMI socket on the Bedroom TV is a tight fit then maybe look at a HDMI extender fly lead which cost about £2 from places like Ebay or Amazon (obviously hold fire on the HDMI extender fly lead just in case you can get the stick working on your main television).

How far do you get with setting up the stick with the main television in the Living Room ?

Do you get past the three green ticks that it has connected to your WiFi ?

Any error code or message on the television screen ?

Are you using the supplied power adapter plug that came with the stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noted about the HDMI thanks.

We got connected OK but it then askes using phone or PC to get on to www.now then states to add a code number which refreshes after 8 mins.

There is nowhere when we are signed in or not to add the code supplied, I think if we can get past that we maybe OK.

I thought this code maybe something to do with the free passes that came with the stick as there are no scratch type vouchers in the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you based in the UK and not Republic of Ireland ?

If you are a UK NowTV customer then try entering the six digit code that you see on your television on this link.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

The code shown on your television is just an activation code for setting up the stick.

The vouchers are electronically preloaded on the stick and once you have activated the stick the vouchers will either automatically start straight away if you haven't got a current pass or a pass less than 30 days remaining or if you are on an offer with more than 30 days left the voucher will be saved on your account waiting for you to redeem them.

If one of the vouchers is a day sports pass then this will be automatically saved on your account for you to redeem within a maximum of no more than 12 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks schnapps,

That seems to have done the trick. All vouchers redeemed as well.

Just putting the old now onto the bedroom tv.

Your helps has been most appreciated.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just remember that if you don't want to continue with the vouchers to stop them renewing each month, then make sure you cancel them fully before the next scheduled payment date.

You can cancel a pass by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged into your account on here.