cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Watch History severely curtailed today

I see today on MY TV, Continue Watching it now shows just 7 progs, whereas before it was 90 odd.
Guess they're freeing up server space by cutting watch history back, unless it returns to normal?.

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has there been changes to the Now TV box today?  For some reason I cannot now log into my account on the box.  I can log in using the username and password on the internet, but when I try to log into my account on the box it tells me my username or password is incorrect?  I cannot therefore access any of the MyTv lists etc nor any of the entertainment package which I pay for?  Any suggestions?

I did try to send NOW TV an e-mail about this issue, but trying to find an e-mail address is near impossible!

Yours

Very very frustrated user

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NowTV have changed the My TV feature from "Recently Watched" to "Continue Watching" however this change should not effect you "signing in" to your nowtv box.

Perhaps maybe try a reboot on your box and router, also double check that you are not logging into the box with your email address instead of your username by mistake.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'd suggest turning off your home router for about 30 minutes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a frustrating time of it lately.

I apologise for the delay in our response. Are you still experiencing issues?

Were you able to try the steps provided by @Anonymous User and @schnapps?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob,  I tried the two suggestions from @artesea and @schnapps and neither worked (but thank you in any case).  I messaged Now TV support and they replied;

AUG 07, 2016  |  07:46PM CEST
Ismael replied:

Hi

We are aware of these issues and are working on resolving them. We will notify you once everything is OK again. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Although they never did notify me when everything was alright again (!) I tried it the next day and it now works fine.

Thank you 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday I had 15 programs listed in the new "Continue Watching" section and then this evening it's gone back to just 8 and wiped half my history.

Prior to this stupid update to the interface I had 90 programs in there.

Something needs to be urgently sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes this limit of 8 is puzzling and nowhere near enough. I share my account with another household member and we both watch a lot of shows, since Now don't offer seperate profiles we've had to resort to writing down our shows to keep track, sorry that is unveliveable for a streaming service in 2016!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue Watching now allowing 12 programs to be held in list but still not very good.

Bring back Recently Watched or some of it's missing features and stop limiting the number of programs. 

Geluk
Expert 2

I much prefer old format; with new one I find if I end a prog when credits roll, when I go back it's not offering next episode.

Rather it rolls me back as much as 20 minutes from the end for the one I'd just watched.

I find you have to FF to very end to get offered right (next) episode.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Geluk,

Thanks for posting.

I'm a little confused by what your describing, sorry if I've got my wireless crossed here -

When you go to an episode you've finished watching it dosn't show you the next episode button?  it goes back about 20 mins and you have to manually forward to get the button to appear is that right?

Are you loading the episode from  "Recently Watched" under MY TV or "Watchlist" 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team