cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Want to sell device need help on process

Hi

I no longer require the now tv account, I've a black box, there's a month left of a pass, I want to sell and remove all personal details, I've done a factory reset and removed device from my devices list, i logged in online and my Payment details are still held online, my question is how do I sell it ensuring none of my details can be accessed / used? Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Once your device has been fully reset, any personal details stored on that device will have been removed.

For security reasons, all 'account' related issues are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Factory reset means anyone you give the box to will not have access to any of your details, so you've done everything right from that respect. Just bear in mind that the one month you have left is linked to your NOW TV account not to the device, so whoever you sell the box to won't get that one month left over they'll just have an empty box that they need to set up with their own NOW TV account (but you can continue watching the rest of your pass on another device if you want). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Powerbob247  Without wishing to rain on your parade, I think you will be lucky if you manage to sell your black box.

The resale value of black Now TV boxes is negligible, because anyone can buy a brand new one from various high street stores, bundled with a Cinema Pass or Entertainment Pass, at a package price less than the standard price of the pass alone.

Good luck!

Wlat

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi P Bob (and the guys)

I agree with @Anonymous User in that your Now TV black box has no real resale value and with Andy that the box, after a full reset, is now just a blank box.

Therefore, may I suggest that you give the box to charity.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This would be a logistics and health & safety nightmare, but it's a shame that all these unwanted NowTV Black Boxes couldn't be taken to designated collection points around the country where owners of the older White Boxes could trade up for free (maximum one box per household subject to availability).

Where existing NowTV White Box owners could apply on line and add their name on a waiting list and will be notified when a Black box becomes available at their nearest collection pick up point.

I know you can pick up the black NowTV boxes for £15 with the bundled voucher passes, however i would imagine a few NowTV customers would appreciate the Free Black Box upgrade if they lived close to a local designated collection point area once they received notification that a recycled box became available allocated to them.

Like i said this will never happen due to various reasons, just seems a waste that these unwanted black boxes couldn't be passed onto existing nowtv white box owners who would appreciate the gesture.

Or alternatively give them to a Charity Shop (If they are still permitted to accept electrical goods ?) like @ukbobboy suggested.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's a shame there's not a 'free' way to send them back to NOW TV 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

It's a shame there's not a 'free' way to send them back to NOW TV 😉

It would appear that there is!

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-return-my-old-now-tv-equipment

Failing that, my local Council recycling centre has a facility for accepting all sorts of small electrical appliances for recycling.

Wlat

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would appear that there is! 

Although all electrical product retailers are obliged to take old electrical goods, under the 'WEEE Directive', I'm much happier knowing that my unused black boxes can be returned directly to NOW TV, rather than the retailer, as there's a far greater possibility that they'll actually get back into the supply chain 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Or return the box for recycling

Anything as long as all these boxes don't end up shoved in the wheelie bin and carted off to land fill.