cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very frustrated

I today bought a monthly entertainment pass and got an e-mail from NowTV saying the first payment had been taken and I was free to watch. However, when I plugged my black NowTV box in and connected it to the ethernet the macine simply will not recognise my internet connection, which is a wired one. I am utterly lost here. Have tried turning off router and NowTV box and turning them on again but no matter what I do it just keeps telling me that there is no connection. I do not want to be paying for something I am not getting. Can anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the box settings under Network and selected a wired connection ( i can't remember if it picks up an Ethernet connection automatically or you have to manually select under the Network settings).

If that doesn't work maybe unplug the Ethernet cable at both the box and Router, then select your WiFi home network and temporary try the box over wifi, then plug in the Ethernet cable again at both the Router and NowTV box and go back into the box Network settings and select a wired connection once again to see if it connects.

Otherwise maybe try a full factory reset and setup the box from scratch again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User 

It has been a while since I fired up my black box but I think that there may be something in the settings to change the box from wifi to ethernet?

Sorry that is not much use but hopefully you can find it somewhere in there!! If nobody else comes along I will plug in my black box and have a look and let you know

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorted now. Thanks anyway!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Glad you got it sorted 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the box settings under Network and selected a wired connection ( i can't remember if it picks up an Ethernet connection automatically or you have to manually select under the Network settings).

If that doesn't work maybe unplug the Ethernet cable at both the box and Router, then select your WiFi home network and temporary try the box over wifi, then plug in the Ethernet cable again at both the Router and NowTV box and go back into the box Network settings and select a wired connection once again to see if it connects.

Otherwise maybe try a full factory reset and setup the box from scratch again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the problem sorted thanks to my wife - she made me aware that the wired network at home refers to the TV but NOT the virgin box, which I was trying to connect through. She told me to choose the wireless option and guided me through putting in the relevant password. All sorted now. Thanks for the advice an