cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Now tv box in conjunction with Humax box

I'm not sure how to set this up because I already have a Humax box linked to my tv?

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Which NowTV box do you have, white, std black or the smart box with the blue logo on the top casing (see link for further box information) ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-box-technical-specification

What is the model number of your Humax box is it a Freeview version off an TV aerial or a FreeSat model off a satellite dish ?

Have you got a spare HDMI port left available on your TV, to enable you to have both the NowTV box and Humax box connected to your television set at the same time ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.
It's through an aerial and it's just a basic black box from Now TV. Will I have to run it completely separately from the Humax box?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you tell us the make and model number of your television please?

Geluk
Expert 2

No! I have a Humax DVR; you'll just need to have a separate socket (HDMI) for each.

You can't run NOW box via the Humax, if you were thinking you could record NOW content on the Humax.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk

That's good advice about that you can not connect the Humax Box to the NowTV box for recording purposes.

To be honest i didn't even think @Anonymous User was maybe asking that question, i assumed it was how to couple the TV aerial between both boxes Smiley Very Happy 

The question makes sense now since your above post.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I have just plugged my Now TV Internet router in and it is working fine with everything except on demand TV via my HUMAX freesat box. Going through the settings on the HUMAX box it says it is connected but the on demand does not work and there is an orange light on that port on the now tv box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Humax HDR 1100S 500GB

Worked with on-demand when connected to Virgin broadband

NowTV hub 2 doesnt work.

This seems to be on other posters. plus i cant find a number to call tech to help

could be sending the broadband all back and getting a different supplier

But what i will do 1st is change my payment details so they cant take one

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. The HDMI port at the back of the TV is used by the Humax Free view box.  I have just bought the Smart Stick.  My previous little white box connected to the second port which was HDM2 but the smart stick does not work on it, nor the Humax box.  Help please! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you saying HDMI port number 2 on your television doesn't work with either your Humax box or NowTV Stick, but when you used the white NowTV box on HDMI port 2 on the television it worked ?

What i would try is temporary plug in the NowTV Stick to HDMI port 1 on your television and instead of using Auto in Display settings force 720p (same resolution has the old white box).

Then once the Stick is setup try it out on HDMI port 2 on the television.