cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

User profile

Anyone know off any plans to enable user profiles on the now tv platform similar to Netflix??

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

First mentioned in 2016 and several times since! As far as I'm aware they've only just introduced it for Sky Q and given that Now TV is generally a few years behind, I wouldn't hold your breath!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Different-users/td-p/347571

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Do you have a source link to provide proof that Sky Q now supports personal profiles outwith Disney+ and Netflix?

My understanding it that they are considering it, much like the no dish requirement, so how long is a piece of string really? But yes it would then come to Now TV at some point. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@gavs82008 I was under the impression it had gone live after reading an article on maybe TechRadar or similar that it was being introduced in spring 2020. Checking with a friend who works at sky it has been delayed (again) although as he understands it, it will be this year. 

If it's anything like the promises of HD on Now TV then it should happen sometime in 2022 😉

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

You would like to assume that with the addition of Disney+ that handles profiles as well as Netflix on Sky Q that Sky would want to speed up the introduction of profiles on Sky Q. 

This would be absolutely ideal for Now TV. What we need to bare in mind is that Amazon are about to launch their profiles system which was released in India not long ago. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help