cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upgraded from white box to black....cannot login to Channel 4

Hi

Can anyone help? I know my username and login for channel 4. If I use online I can login. 

I've tried multiple times to login on now tv. Every time it comes up as invalid.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried removing the All 4 App then reinstall it again ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi HP

The only thing that jumps out at me is that you have non-alphanumeric characters in your username and/or password, i.e. <, >, &, £, etc., and the Now TV system has a problem with them.

If I'm correct then you'll have to rethink and re-do your username and/or password, however if I am incorrect then you'll have to contact help chat on the following URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob

I have the same problem after multiple resets. But as my username is my email address it obviously has an @ symbol in, what else can I do?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Tommy

You know, your username does not have to be your email address, mine isn't.

I do know in some forums your username and email address has to be the same but Now TV does not, and has never, insisted that you have to do that here.

So Tommy, rethink your username, for example if your email address is [email removed] then you can use just "Tommy" as your username or anything else you may care to choose.

Peace

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hey Now TV

The email address in my previous post, to @Anonymous User, was made up, i.e. fake, and your system removed it, which now makes my post seem somewhat foolish.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi again Tommy

Seems that the Now TV system is deleted my email example, anyway what I was explaining is that you can use everything before the @ symbol, in your email address, as you username.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Tommy

You know, your username does not have to be your email address, mine isn't.

actually @ukbobboy that all depends on when said NowTV account was created this. On older what you might call legacy accounts such as yours and mine either email address or username can be used to login. However, more recently, a new NowTV accounts. I believe only email address can be used to login. However, I'm not entirely sure when this change in the way new accounts are set up occurred

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Hi C6

You said, "...new NowTV accounts, I believe only email address can be used to login".  You know, I had no idea that Now TV had changed it's log-in procedure.

I wonder what drove that imperative?

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Instead of entering your full email address have you tried entering your email address and leave off the @ ******** on the end ?

I doubt it will work, but there is no harm in trying until somebody else offers you further advice on here.