cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update has killed my box

Hi

I woke up a few days ago and my NowTV box has changed; all the menu’s and navigation looks different.

The problem is that the box is now unbelievably slow, to the point I find myself becoming very frustrated.

The box is well out of Warranty and I am unhappy at paying for new one, even though the sticks are quite cheap.

I know technology moves on, but if the older boxes don’t support the newer software they shouldn’t be updated.

Had anyone else noticed this?

Model: 4210SK - NowTV

Software version: 9.2.3. Build 5136-10

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes,  my black NowTV box is grindingly slow. Not much we can do. I bought a stick and it gets SO hot that I have stopped using it for fear of a fire. Probably going down the proper ROKU box route next.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV stick but it doesn’t get hot. 

Neilfi
Mentor

If you've got a screen full of tabs on your home page, then it's the improved version (ha ha, not) of the system, if you want to go back to the old style menus, you can access them by pressing the  left pointing arrow (back) key from that menu, where you will see "App Store" go to Now tv access, and you are in.  But it will go back to the updated version on its own at some point (overnight usually)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the new update but it hasn't slowed down the box any. You say a screen full of tabs, but the UI looks unchanged to me. Has it actually changed? Photo?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had nothing but trouble since the update, it runs slow, it’s interface has changed, when I’m playing a on demand episode, once the programme has finished, rather than showing me what’s up next it just closes the app and shows me the app menu, Also when I’m watching a tv show, it will lose connection and tell me there was a problem playing the programme and to check my connection. I’ve got great WiFi speeds and didn’t have any issues until this update. Sort your service out or I’ll stop paying for the subscription and find a better more reliable provider, simples.