cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to set up - missing HDMI cable?

I have had NowTV for 2 weeks and have been unable to use it yet. I can’t figure out how to set it up, I have watched YouTube videos etc. My box didn’t come with a HDMI cable, maybe this is the issue. Is there any way I can link the box up to my TV via WiFi? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you bought the NowTV box brand new then it should have come with a HDMI cable inside the box packaging.

Maybe contact the Retailer that sold you the box, though you can pick a HDMI cable pretty cheap if you haven't got one lying around your house.

You will need the HDMI cable to connect the box to your television HDMI input port to display a picture and sound from the box on your television set.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have had now TV, broadband and calls with you for a month. When my "pack" arrived, I was only sent the broadband box. I never received a NowTV stick or 4k box so I am unable to watch NowTV on my TV, even though I am paying for it! I have emailed, complained several times and used the community forum and have had no response.

I have spoken to a member of staff who works for NowTV in ASDA and he has advised me that I should have recieved a stick or 4k box with my contract.

I have tried to email NowTV and I have made about 5/6 complaints with no response and it has been a month now,

Any help or advice greatly appreciated 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey M

Check out this Now TV advert, it doesn't say you get a Now TV stick or box with your broadband, I'm guessing you will have to buy one of those devices separately.

https://www.nowtv.com/broadband

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you sign up to the NowTV Broadband service you don't normally receive a NowTV streaming Box or Stick for watching TV on, where the only bit of hardware you receive is the Hub 2 Router purely for accessing the internet (see photo below of the NowTV Hub 2 Router) 😠

Hub_Image_v2.png

i don't know if Asda's was doing a promotion in conjunction with NowTV offering a free streaming Box or Stick when signing up to NowTV Broadband service via the Asda Store which is extremely unlikely.

Maybe have a read of this linked article below on ways to watch NowTV TV on, where perhaps you already own a suitable streaming device (otherwise places like Currys or Argos is the best place to buy either a NowTV Stick or NowTV 4K Box).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv