cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to wireless network

Keep getting error message 'Unable to connect to wireless network' . Now TV unusable. Laptop is working fine i.e   connected to the internet . Please help.

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like there is something on your Router or something in your Router settings or third party software is blocking the NowTV box connecting to your Router.

Are you using a fixed open public DNS on your Router something like Google DNS ?

If so have you tried setting up your Router by using the automatic dynamic DNS provided by your ISP.

Or if you have some additional third party software on your Router, try temporary disabling it to see if the NowTV box connects.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps   &  @Saint1976  @Anonymous User  (for info)

Hi Schnapps

Can I kick this idea at you:

Very recently, within the last few days, my firewall was updated and I now find that there are some web-sites I can no longer connect to (I intent to sort this out in the new year).

I wonder if something like this could have happened to FM57, in other words could Now TV, or parts of it, have been auto-flagged as "bad actors".

Just putting it out there.

UK Bob

Guys, getting my music and drink on so maybe a bit fuzzy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Prior to this happening  I was getting a message about poor speed.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Saint1976 

Yeah FM

Poor line speed would also affect wi-fi speed, this would indicate something gone wrong with the line leading into your home, this nonsense has also happened to me recently and OpenReach had to put it right.

With my case, I was suffering from drop outs and decreasing speed so I contacted my ISP, something you may have to do.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

powered router off for 60 secs and tried again- still no good.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Saint1976 

FM

Unless one of the other guys say something different, seems like you've got an external problem, i.e. not user fixable.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps   I just have my router & the Now TV black box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you change the wifi channel on your Router or see if either 2.4ghz or 5ghz works (assuming you have a dual band router).

Also i would be tempted to factory reset your Router back to its default settings.

It's a shame you can't test the box over Ethernet instead of wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I rebooted-no luck.