cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to wifi

I have previously been able to connect to my wifi with my NOW TV box but have been unable to do so today.  I have entered the correct password but it would not connect and displayed an Error 014.30 message.

I tried disabling pings but this did not work, and have re-set the black box and tried again but the same error code appears.

How can I connect, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Disabling network pings usually solves this error in most cases, it might be worth trying again to make sure you did it correctly. Follow the steps in this help page

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

which also gives a few other suggestions for solving the issue.

However if its previously been working fine I'd start off by rebooting your broadband router first to see if that helps. If not have a word with live chat from this page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/error-code-014-now-tv-box

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Disabling network pings usually solves this error in most cases, it might be worth trying again to make sure you did it correctly. Follow the steps in this help page

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

which also gives a few other suggestions for solving the issue.

However if its previously been working fine I'd start off by rebooting your broadband router first to see if that helps. If not have a word with live chat from this page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/error-code-014-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, Andy, looks like a router reboot has done the trick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now tv stick has decided to stop working since I change broadband provider from Sky to Virgin.

I have reset the stick re- paired remote but cannot get the stick to connect to my wifi.

Keep getting an error message network cannot be found.

This is so frustrating as my living room has been decorated and I want to watch now tv but now have to go upstairs to my other smart tv which has the now tv app.

My JVC tv doesnt have the Now app so i use the stick.

I am putting in the correct wifi password I have rebooted my router all to no availPLEASE HELP?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you reset the Stick did you press the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst powered up ?

If the factory reset triggered and you still can't connect onto your Virgin Hub Router, then see if there is a Guest option on the Router or if the Router has separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz Networks already setup or you manually need to adjust this like the NOW Hub Router 2 has an example.

If you have mobile data then also maybe try temporary setting your smartphone has a wifi hotspot with the Stick and once connected try then going into the Stick System Settings under Network and make a wireless connection with your new Virgin Router.

Unfortunately i don't own a Virgin Hub Router or never used Virgin internet to offer any further help. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Missed the bit, that NOW is working on your upstairs smart TV.

What happens if you temporary take the Stick upstairs and use on the smart TV.

Does the Stick connect to the Virgin Network or still exhibits the same error message after doing another factory reset ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The tv upstairs has the now app so i dont need the stick upstairs but I tried the stick upstairs and works ok when change to hdmi settings to use stick??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens now if you move the Stick back downstairs ?

Does it still remains connected to the Virgin WiFi Network or not ?

If it doesn't, then try a different wifi channel on your Router and both 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands and maybe try a different HDMI port on the downstairs television just in case the wifi reception is not sufficient.

Should you have a HDMI fly lead adaptor try that with the Stick, which will move the Stick slightly away from the television back casing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still have the same issue after factory reset...i disabled network pings...still wont work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi on my kindle up untill tuesday 1/5/18 iwas able to connect to wifi but now can't could some one help solve this please