cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to access website

I can't access certain website's when I'm at home, on my phone or laptop?! I only want to browse a simple dating site,! Nothing more! I don't know how to get this sorted,help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are a NowTV Broadband customer ?

The first thing i would try is going to My Account whilst logged in on here, then navigate to the Settings & Pin's section and try changing the Broadband Buddy settings to either age rating 18 or switch it off.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are a NowTV Broadband customer ?

The first thing i would try is going to My Account whilst logged in on here, then navigate to the Settings & Pin's section and try changing the Broadband Buddy settings to either age rating 18 or switch it off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, going to give that a go now 🙏

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, doesn't seem to have made a difference 🙃 changed the setting, also checked settings on my phone. It tells me I'm attempting to get access while offline!?? I'm clearly not offline,the point of having internet at home is to help me save on my phone data 😬so frustrating ☹️

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it says Broadband Buddy switched off under Settings & Pins and you have received an email confirmation that you have switched off your Broadband Buddy then perhaps reboot your Router & internet devices.

Start with your Laptop first and try the Dating website again before attempting to use your mobile phone.

I can't remember under the Broadband Buddy Custom Settings if you can manually added the Dating website, but might be worth a go if the above doesn't work.

If for some reason your Laptop can access the Dating website and your phone can't post back and i will suggest something else which might work on your phone.

Otherwise you may have to phone the NowTV Broadband Team, where you will find their telephone number under My Account > Broadband & Calls and then keep clicking on the moving home section until their phone number appears on screen.

The moving home telephone number should be the same number for all Broadband issues.

PS - i am assuming you can access other websites, where the three green lights are showing on the front of your NowTV Hub Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, you are very patient and helpful. I'm giving up today and will try tomorrow with fresh eyes and without a headache! I will let you know how it goes. Have a good rest of the evening, many thanks again 😁