cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv

Am I being slow? How does my now tv box give me channels on my tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say channels, do you mean over the air Freeview channels such has BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 etc or do you mean live entertainment channels like Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic etc using a nowtv entertainment pass ?

If you are referring to Freeview teresterial channels, then you need the nowtv smart Freeview box (see photo below) with a TV aerial connected to it, where this box is now discontinued from retailers.

Smart_Box_main.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say channels, do you mean over the air Freeview channels such has BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 etc or do you mean live entertainment channels like Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic etc using a nowtv entertainment pass ?

If you are referring to Freeview teresterial channels, then you need the nowtv smart Freeview box (see photo below) with a TV aerial connected to it, where this box is now discontinued from retailers.

Smart_Box_main.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only have a hub two. Do I need to buy my own box and remote?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV Hub 2 is just a broadband router, to watch nowtv you need a nowtv playback device and a nowtv pass such has entertainment for the entertainment stuff, cinema for movies etc.

Have a read of this help article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve signed up to broadband, phone line and now tv with a cinema pass, it goes live tomorrow but only been delivered a nowtv hub two. Do I need to by my own stick and remote?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you don't own a compatible device from the help linked below, then yes the cheapest option would be a nowtv stick complete with smart remote controller which you can buy from places like Argos, Curry's, Tesco's, Sainsburys etc for around £15.

To use the nowtv stick, i am assuming your TV has a spare HDMI port ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv