cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv box shows black screen and restarts

Box is brand new 4200sk and when plugging it in it starts up and says "let's get started" and asks to connect to a wireless network and when I try to enter my wifi password the box shows up a black screen and starts again from the beginning. It's stuck in an infinite loop and when I found something about it on this forum it tells me "ACCESS IS DENIED". Tried on the online web chat but that keeps crashing 6-7 times in a row. Getting really frustrated with this now. Anyone else with these problems???

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot what happens if you push in a pin and hold it in for about 30 seconds into the small reset hole on the back of the box whilst hooked up to your television to factory reset the box in an attempt to setup the box again.

You could try a different HDMI port on your television set or if you have another television in the house see if temporary setting the box on the second television encounters the same symptoms / problems.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

I hope that works, though this sounds like a DOA to me if it has never worked.

Best take it back to where you bought it from for a replacement, if the above doesn’t fix it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.