cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tunin app not working

Hi,

Can you help with this issue or point me  to someone who can.  I have an issue accessing Tunin tv on my Now Roku box it has been working fine for several months. 

It started when I tried to help a friend who was was having problems with his Tunin app on his Roku Now box.  You click on the Tunin app, the app starts to open with the main Tunin Logo on the screen goes blank for a second then reappears for a second then reverts back to the apps page.  I checked mine and it was working fine, I talked him through deleting and reinstalling the app,  I did this on my on device at the same time.  This did not fix his problem however I now have the same problem!. I have tried adding and deleting a number of times,   I have updated the main firmware on the Roku,  and finally reset back
to factory settings and reloaded everything again.  Nothing worked.  I would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i received an email from Tunein support last night, stating that Roku had been in touch and that they are now working on the problem, I guess they have rolled the release back until they have a fix.   Yes  mine is working again  on 2.4.

Thanks again.

Steve

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My NowTV box had the new Tunein redesign App layout yesterday and it is looking good and working fine for me.

Assuming you have the new updated App (unless your App was corrupted) during the new rollout version of the Tunein App and you are not using the first generation white NowTV box which may or may not be the cause.

Then it sounds like you have done everything that i would have tried myself starting from removing the App and installing a fresh version from the Apps Store on your NowTV device. 

Also i am guessing you have tried a forced software update on your NowTV box / stick by following these instructions below.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just another thought on top of my above post reply some customers are experiencing bugs and glitches with their NowTV & Roku Boxes which seems to mainly effect the NowTV App and one workaround is to use the search method on the box / stick instead of going directly into the App.

I doubt this will work for the TuneIn App, but from the search button on your NowTV device type in TuneIn to see if the App opens for you (i have just tried it myself and it works for me though i am on a trial version of the NowTV software and it might bounce you out of the TuneIn App). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No didn’t work, same issue.

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody over on NowTV Twitter is having the exact same problem.

TuneIn help support asked the person over on Twitter who is having problems with the App on their NowTV device to send them an email about it.

Here's the screen shot if you want to email them.

NowTV Twitter only suggested everything you have tried already.

youdoodle-2020-05-13T13-39-30Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention that the software version of the new TuneIn App on my NowTV box is version 2.5 build 1.

The new App is a big improvement in my opinion (more user friendly and cleaner looking) compared to the clunky old version which was more difficult to navigate around and find radio stations on.

Anyway between TuneIn & NowTV i hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks , yes I have the Same version.

Steve
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

thank you very much for your help,  I notice that the new version of the Tunein app 2.5b1 was released on the 11 May,  my app stopped working yesterday   (12th) when I downloaded the new version, my friend who also has the same issue also confirmed that he has the new app.  Looks like an upgrade has caused the problem. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you use Twitter also send NowTV a tweet about it, where NowTV are more proactive over on Twitter.

The Community Forum is predominantly used by customers.

According to the latest tweet that NowTV have tweeted out to the customer who flagged up the TuneIn App problem, they said they are checking it out and told the customer to keep rebooting the NowTV device over the next few days to see if the App updates itself to a working version.

Also i would email TuneIn support about the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry not on Twitter, as per your earlier advice I have sent an email to Tunein support.

Thanks again