cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This site can’t be reached

I have been using NowTv happily for 2 months on 3 media. My TV, Android and PC.

For the last 3 days I have been unable to view anything on my PC!! Each time I go to view a message comes up 'This site can’t be reached'.

Viewing on my TV and Android continues to work perfectly!! Can anyone advise me please??

Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Derek

Reading through your post a couple of things jumps out at me, these are my thoughts:-

1) Has your PC recently been updated, it would seem that a facility you now have, like a new MS updated, is blocking the communication between your Now TV app and the Internet.

2) Again, either you've added new security software or your current one has been updated.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I used to have and use Norton Internet Security but found that it's updates and subsequent performance caused many more problems than they solved or prevented.  Plus, those MS updates, from time to time, would kill off without warning non-MS facilities.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Derek

Reading through your post a couple of things jumps out at me, these are my thoughts:-

1) Has your PC recently been updated, it would seem that a facility you now have, like a new MS updated, is blocking the communication between your Now TV app and the Internet.

2) Again, either you've added new security software or your current one has been updated.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I used to have and use Norton Internet Security but found that it's updates and subsequent performance caused many more problems than they solved or prevented.  Plus, those MS updates, from time to time, would kill off without warning non-MS facilities.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Pause; Continue watching; Fast-forward - Jumps back to point it was paused

I'm waiting for a response to my post in the above thread!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi K

Nothing to do with me, Gov, I'm just a customer like yourself.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry - I'm new to the forum so not at all sure what I'm doing.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again K

You need to contact Now TV's help chat, text chat actually, on the following URL:-

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

then click on the down arrow on the "Anything else" area to access Live Chat.

Anything else.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for your response to my query!! You were correct in suggesting recent updates (to Vivaldi) and changes to security software being a possibility. Both happened last week!! Can't think why neither had occurred to me! Doh!!

However, my computer guru friend told me that NowTV had made some changes last week to his NowTV setup - and he has advised me to 'install' Microsoft Edge and access my NowTV account through MS Edge. Done in seconds and now working a treat!

Many thanks again for responding!

Derek

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Derek

You said, "Can't think why neither had occurred to me....".  You know, this has happened to me as well, sometimes you're too close to the problem to see the answer.

We all suffer from it, it's called being Human.

UK Bob