cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead - Season 8 - FOX

We have watched series 1-7 and up to series 8, episode 4 and it has gone funny. It is like we are watching a pirate movie, really distorted picture and just awful to watch. All other channels are perfect. Driving me mad as we signed up for a months NOW just to watch The Walking Dead and know that it is only going to be on NOW for just over a week.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We haven't had clear streaming all evening on NOW unfortunately! Maybe some kind of glitch?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Is it just that particular episode or all episodes? Which device are you watching on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Andy

Not sure if it's connected in any way, but last night and today I've watched a couple of shows on catch-up that have suffered from similar symptoms... awful blurry pixelated picture.... it wasn't the Walking Dead for me, I was watching catch-up episodes of Nashville and Bull (two shows that initially went out on Friday 16th).

with both shows however, the poor picture only lasted for the first 20/30 secs before picture settled to normal (not something I've had before)... not sure if the Walking Dead picture issue was poor throughout or got better with time??  I did also watch NCIS on catch-up and the picture was fine throughout??

Maybe there has been some issue in the last day or two that has given poor picture issues to various shows on the service??  I was watching on Black Now TV box.

Hopefully going forward it is only temporary and things will return to normal.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Could well be a temporary issue and you might find everything works fine today, but worth trying a reboot of your broadband router and also a  forced software update on the box to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If you keep getting the same issue you can always post back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
It doesn’t seem to be the now tv box, it is just series as everything else works properly. Very weird and very annoying as we want to finish the series before it ends on Now TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And has been for the past two evenings. Just TWD, everything else is perfect 😞