cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 50/60Hz issue with sky sports

I bought the black box a couple of months ago  and am really disappointed with the 60Hz issue and lack of smooth pictures particularly with Sky Sports.

Just wanted to check I am not missing anything here and that it will never be "fixed" with the black box and get confirmation that If i buy the "smart" box, this will no longer be a problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I can only speak from personal experience, having used both the standard black box and the "Smart Box" on Sky Sports.  The Smart Box with its 50 Hz output certainly performs better than the black box (60 Hz) when feeding into the HDMI port on my Sony "HD Ready" TV, but it is not perfect.  There is still a small amount of "judder" when there is fast horizontal movement on the screen.  Also, the judder is particularly noticeable on the banner when there is a horizontal moving banner at the bottom of the screen - for example when watching Sky News live via the Sky News App and there is a "News Ticker" along the bottom of the display.  There doesn't seem to be any way to overcome this problem.

My downstream available speed is a reliable 11.5 Mbps from PlusNet ADSL+ with no throttling at any time.  We do not have fibre broadband in my area, unfortunately.

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't now if it is just me but I am watching my second match of the day and this problem seems to be massively improved. I don't think anything has changed my end. Has anything else changed? 

My tv is still indicating 1280x720 @60Hz so that hasn't changed?