cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 18/10/16 Fault Fix And How Is It Going to Fix My Box

So I got the box issue of continus reboot and double flashing white Led. So I did a factory reset thinking a reload of the software would fix the issue. It didn't.

Now the box get the the LETS GET STARTED section and then loops a reboot.

MY question is when your Tech department fixes the issue how an I going to unload the new firmware to the box as it reboots before internet settings can be entered? In other words an update seems impossible or am I missing something?

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also factory reset my black now tv box and now I can't even get it connected to wi-fi before it restarts so how exactly are they going to fix this problem if you can't even get as far as setting up the internet connection before it reboots itself?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The simple fact is I don't think they can if no connection with their server is possible due to constant re-booting.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great so any one who has done a factory reset after this firmware problem now has a bricked nowtv box bascially unless they can issue a firmware downgrade via usb or something?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe bricked.

I can't see Now TV offering any other firmware download option due to possible hacking issues. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well i haven't done a system reset but still have the blinking light and all i've tried is unplugging a couple of times.

All i get now is the NowTV Splash Screen, then a black screen with blinking LED on the box - So i'm guessing my box still has access to the internet, so hopefully i can still receive a fix for this. - Just hope is doesn't take more than a day though as i will be losing viewing time on my Enterntainment Pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We can only hope that the non resetters may hopefully still be able to receive a stable fix.

As for myself and others a replacement box (and a complementry 3 month voucher) may be the only answer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reset all 4 of my/ family boxes before looking on here, i think if you reset them, then the ethernet cable option maybe will work ??? when there a fixs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, maybe ethernet cable straight in will work,

Maybe the update was because alot of people are putting plex on ??

Does the ones without plex working ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, maybe ethernet cable straight in will work,

Maybe the update was because alot of people are putting plex on ??

Does the ones without plex working ?

All good with Plex on my other box. As far as I'm aware sideloading is still ok on all boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything seems ok now. Try again guys seems to be back