cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrestrial Tv

Hi, I finally got round to setting up my box (after the free trial!) and I am still learning but I cannot seem to get the 'regular' tv channels any more, like BBC1, 2, ITV, CH4 etc.... the box is running through HDM1, where the regular tv used to be, but I cannot find any of the TV channels any more. I think the TV has a digi box built in as I could previously get quite a few channels, now all I can get are the 'Now' ones!  

thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the NowTV standard box (the chunky version on my second photo) you can use the box for the Catch up Apps such has BBC IPlayer,etc etc, plus other Apps on the box like YouTube.

You can also watch both NowTV on demand, catch up and nowtv live channels with the relevant purchased nowtv passes.

Where if you want to watch the Freeview TV live channels you will have to use the Freeview tuner inbuilt into your television set by pressing the TV or source button on television remote (The way you was watching live Freeview TV before you bought and setup the new nowtv box).

This guide article linked below should explain the difference between the standard nowtv box which you own and the smart box (which also includes a Freeview tuner which would need to be also connected to an aerial).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-box

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly can you confirm that you are using the NowTV smart box with the inbuilt Freeview tuner as shown on the picture below ?

now_tv_new_box_3.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  Hi, Thanks - no the box is half that size and more chunky, if that makes sense...? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You must be using the NowTV standard black box or older white box then that doesn't have the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner.

When you go to the My Apps section on the Homepage does it show the BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 Apps and if so what happens when you try to use the Apps ?

std black box.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that is the box I have... When I go to My Apps, I just have Now TV, Sky Store, BBC iPlayer, looks like 5 On Demand, itv Hub, 4, YouTube...etc...etc... 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the standard nowtv box, the way you access the Apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 is either from "Best of Catch Up" section on the Homepage or via "My Apps" where you won't get the full live Freeview TV channels like the smart box shown on my first picture.

When you open the Apps do they work, maybe try BBC IPlayer for example.

Also are the Best of Catch Up shows showing on your homepage screen or are they missing ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have opened the iPlayer - it is purely catch up tv  😞   Does this mean I have lost all my other channels? Or can the Now box go into HDM2...? 

thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the 'Best Of' are there... thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5
Spoiler

@Anonymous User

Having issues with my PC at the moment, so I might not be able to reply at the moment.

When you say you have lost all the live TV channels, do you mean the TV channels from your TV aerial or Satellite dish connected to your television?

The nowtv std box does not have the full live channels only the smart box. 

Have you tried pressing the source button on your TV remote to go back to your TV /Sat tuner on your television set. 

Sorry if i have misunderstood your post.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes that is exactly what I mean 😞 But surely the Now box doesn't mean you can have either 'Now' channels or the TV Aerial channels...? (I don't have a satellite dish...) Very basic in this house!! (for obvious reasons!! lol) 

Thanks for your help so far x