cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Geluk
Expert 2

I'm tuned to Berkshire/ North Hampshire transmitter and it's very annoying to see this message sometimes, inbetween news progs, which I get on a Smart TV tuned into Freeview HD; time the BEEB resolved this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now box seems to have iplayer stuck on BBC Cumbria. Im in London.

I cannot find the settings option.

Ive scrolled across the top. Not there. Not that I can see anyway.

Help please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried playing a couple of programmes on iPlayer on my Now TV box today but only receive the audio with a purple screen and HDCP unauthorised Content disabled acrodd the middle.  I presume this is related to the change in requirment for a TV licence to view any BBC content.  As I hold a TV licence how do get this to work.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's nothing to do with the new BBC Licence, it's a HDMI issue which is just a coincidence.

Try rebooting the box, a different HDMI port on your TV, different HDMI cable (see guide linked below for further information).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. A software update did the trick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No iPlayer on my Now TV box.

Problem solved by doing a Software Update on my Now TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Eastenders on BBC 3 Iplayer and all of a sudden the screen goes black and now I cannot get Now TV at all! Whats going on?? I tried rebooting but nothing is working.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Watching Eastenders on BBC 3 Iplayer and all of a sudden the screen goes black and now I cannot get Now TV at all! Whats going on?? I tried rebooting but nothing is working.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There has been a problem similar to yours most of the day for some users. However it seems to be getting sorted. You can find more details here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

but I'd recommend pulling out the power cord for a minute or two and trying again, as that has worked for me. If that doesn't work leave it a little while and try again, and post back later if you still have difficulties.