cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide freezing

Hello, every time i go to the TV guide to choose a channel, it freezes and restarts. Iv tried unplugging it, resetting it and updating all apps. It’s been doing it since Friday

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had masses of problems with freezing over the weekend. Couldn't even do a factory reset because all the set up questions were frozen and the remote was doing nothing. Spent hours trying to find a solution and obviously found no help from Now TV. Impossibly bad support or rather non existent support. Was considering buying another stick as I knew that there was no way to complain but...

Anyhow read the bit about setting the time to Ireland. Did this and couldn't believe that it did the trick and all is working fine now.Amazing, just hope that is a permanent cure.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had my NowTV black box freeze three times now. The first two I did a full re set which is a bit long winded having to sign into apps like BBC i player etc. Last week it froze again, but remembered the time re set advice given on this forum. Manual time set to Ireland and it worked fine.

Remember that when the box re starts, go up the menu to get to settings! Don't go down the menu and through the TV Guide, or the box will freeze again, and then re start.

10/10 to the person who found the time fault 👏

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing the time to Ireland worked for me. GB time is still on GMT rather than BST I noticed, so the guide is looking for programmes in the past. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines just the same ( black box) by the number of posts I reckon it's probably a service issue, come on Sky pull your finger out !! and sort the problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Box has recently started doing this.

Never had a problem with it before and now it freezes on the TV guide and restarts. Been trying to get into the free to air channels for 10 minutes and every time the same thing happens

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For anyone having this problem, go to settings, change your time zone to manual and swap it to Ireland. The time zones are incorrect for UK for some reason, I changed mine and it resolved straight away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I've been experiencing the same thing. It's saying the time is an hour behind so I've changed the location to Portugal which is the correct time. It seems to be holding up so far. Not a permanent fix but a bandaid nonetheless 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same problem for about a week. Thought it was to do with our broadband (not with NowTV) as we’ve had issues with that too... now that broadband issue is sorted decided to try a full factory reset and it’s all sorted. Yes it takes a little time and is annoying to have to do it but it fixed it (which is more than NowTV customer service has done)