cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide freezing

Hello, every time i go to the TV guide to choose a channel, it freezes and restarts. Iv tried unplugging it, resetting it and updating all apps. It’s been doing it since Friday

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

To re set with the small button on the bottom of the box you need to keep it pressed down for around 10 secs with the box switched on.

This free to air channel freezing problem is being experienced by quite a few NowTV box owners, but NowTV don't seem to be bothered about fixing it, or acknowledging there's a problem?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

The freezing and restarting on tv guide had been happening here too, same as everyone else. When I checked the time it showed ''United Kingdom'' but it was an hour behind. Set manually didn't let me change to UK and the right time, but I put it on Central European Time (so an hour ahead) and the problem disappeared instantly!!

Clearly linked to the wrong time on display. Disclamer: not sure changing it to a different time zone will not do something else - but I am once again watching freeview 🙂 Hope it helps! 🙂 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

had the same problems with tv guide freezing and not being able to watch any freeview tv for nearly 3 weeks, the time was an hour behind uk and changes it to the correct time and its fixed! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Sam-16 this has worked for me👍🏻😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much mine worked be nice is now tv  themselves gave this advice and admitted fault funny so many have issue same time.

@Anonymous User  adviceon page 2 to  do full system restore works.

Clock for uk iscorrect now aswell

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done what you suggested and it worked thankyou

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep full reset worked for me and it reset itself to correct time too thanks @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This also started with ours last night.

it would do an odd pixilated screen after reset. Then says home screen not available although it does load. Then crashes on TV guide. Resets it’s self and does it all over again!

Its up up to date and now trying the full reset. But from what others are saying, this doesn’t fix it long?!

Now TV - is there some update to fix this?!

clearly somethings gone wrong from your end?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is freezing in exactly the same way. Looks like NowTV need to take action and issue an update to remedy this 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My has been freezing and gone into manually change time changed it to Ireland and it worked.