cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide freezing

Hello, every time i go to the TV guide to choose a channel, it freezes and restarts. Iv tried unplugging it, resetting it and updating all apps. It’s been doing it since Friday

57 REPLIES 57
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this issue , everytime I went to the tv guide the whole thing would freeze.  

Unplugged,  reset , left for ages tried again same thing...

Looked at the time on my box .... yep a hour behind so changed to Portugal and we have a working now tv box again ... to the person who figured this out you are a star !!! 

Now tv sort it out huge issue your end 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine was doing the same. The time on my roku black box was behind by 1 hour.

If you go into the tv guide it will freeze as there's a clash in timings.

I went into setting and selected 'set the time manually' and selected Ireland as UK was showing as 1 hour behind. Problem fixed, tv guide working fine.

Think sky need to make an adjustment to the timings their end - until then this tweak fixed it for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now TV box started playing up tonight. I’ve done the resets and system updates with no success however like a few others on the forum I have noticed that in the system setting the UK time is incorrect and is showing 1hour behind the actual time. I could not alter this manually however I have now selected Ireland as my time zone instead of the UK and my box is now working just fine! Obviously this is some sort of back ground software issue that needs to resolved by Now TV however this manual fix should get you back up and running in the meantime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried a full factory reset in your settings under advanced settings. Mine hasn’t working for just over a week done a full restart today and started a fresh refinding channels and has worked for me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What in God's name is the problem with the freezing TV Guide which means you can not watch any regular tv!!! Is this some kind of con to get us to pay now for Now TV??? Where are the technical people?? I too have had this useless nonsense go on and I am always going to a Factory reset just to get into the bloody thing! Now I can watch my apps and Pluto TV and Netflix but not regular tv! HEY NOWTV WAKE UP AND HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS BEFORE WE ALL BUGGER OFF TO VIRGIN TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PHONE NUMBER, don't you just love that too??? Cowards, fix it for F sake! It clearly is THEIR issue since so many of US have it and it has appeared recently!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Follow Sam-16 advice, hopefully it will work for you too!🤞🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you get onto your settings? Instead of pressing down button to go down the main screen press up then it won’t go pass the TV guide and freeze. Then go to system then advanced system settings. You will lose everything and have to relog into everything but you will at least have everything working again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything and nothing works, it's so frustrating. We have even reset the Roku box and it last a couple of days then back to freezing!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a good temp fix to get it working again, but it won't last?

My black box started this freezing and re booting over two weeks ago, I reset the black box and signed into all the apps (Yawn!) and it lasted about two weeks then started again? Re set yet again the other day and it worked again. For how long I don't know?

Also, you can re set your black box by pressing the re set button on the bottom of the black box.

NowTV_Reset_2019-09-04 10.31.22_LI.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My reset button doesn’t seem to do anything don’t think it’s working. Mine only worked for 24 hours then had to reset it again so dunno how it will last this time.