cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide and live freeview TV freezing

Every time I navigate to TV Guide or a live Freeview channel it freezes and restarts. It's been doing it for a few days now. Things I've tried... 

1. Restart

2. Unplug

3. Factory reset

None of these have worked. The apps are all working fine it's just TV guide and live Freeview that's freezing. My broadband is also working perfectly fine. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this problem for several days. A factory reset after a broadband reset finally fixed it. What a pain. Best of luck.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User  it was on the bottom of the box, it didn’t look like a button, I had to feel around for it. Ours is a black box with a blue now tv on the top

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this problem for several days. A factory reset after a broadband reset finally fixed it. What a pain. Best of luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV guide freezes since mid August. After trying everything else I had to do the factory reset too and re sign into my WiFi etc etc. And resign into all the apps.

Annoying but worked for a week. Factory resetted it again worked for another week. Did it again this time it worked for 2weeks and has now frozen again. I'm seriously ###### off.  I can see from the forum I ain't the only one having this problem. I live in London.  Was thinking of buying a new smart box but I ain't got the money. And as it's not isolated to just my box I don't see why I should. Now TV needs to sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone managed to sort this? I've started having this problem and have to keep factory resetting every time which is frustrating when you have to find channels, log into catch up apps/Netflix etc each time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, resetting my broadband then a factory reset got it working again. Hoping this will work for you too 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been doing for the last couple of months now, and unfortunately it seems to last a shorter length of time after each reset.. we're down to two days between factory resets now 😴.

Would be good to get an actual update from NowTV! 

Hope it works out better for you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree NOW TV needs to sort this out ASAP as it's driving my husband mad!! He's retired and regularly tries to change viewing only to have it freeze up & he's not techie minded so wants me to sort out each time but I'm not always available as at work. Can you confirm what 'factory reset' is & how to do it?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s a button, underneath on the black box, on the side on the Stick, and with the device powered, you press this and hold it in for 15-30 seconds. (Less time, and it only power cycles off/on).

The device then needs to be set up again, with account details and all, so if you want your husband to be able to do this in your absence, walk him through it, make copious notes, and then have him demonstrate that he can do it without assistance, so you can safely leave him with it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for Yr in depth info shall try to go thru with my husband when
he has problems again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
For restart go to Settings, System, Power, System Restart, Restart.

For factory reset go to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings, Factory Reset.

Hope this helps 🙂